Monday, January 6, 2014

I'm Employed!

Yay! Today is my first day being employed again though I won't start working until Monday or Tuesday. Our supervisor said we can start in Houston, Texas Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. He's very nice but I don't think our trainers want to stay in Houston longer then they need to as they've been there for six months which is a very long time for travelers. They did come to Montgomery for a couple of weeks so we got to meet them, super nice too! We hung out at McDonald's and they showed us maps on the computer and paperwork. I'll be computer woman, of course.

Todd went to work today as usual and then found out he's the only one who did. His supervisor here said he can work if he wants to but since it won't get above freezing he could take the rest of the day and tomorrow off. Thank goodness.

We'll be off to New Orleans Saturday and the plan was to leave there Sunday but we'll probably stay until Monday. I don't really see how we could resist!

Hope ya'll are staying warm out there!

2 comments:

  1. A new job....great! You are so close to us...we are loving AL! TX will be grand too! Enjoy NOLA....party down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ms. CJ!

    I think AL has the nicest people I've ever met. Love the state, though Selma isn't a tourist destination. Ooo, can't wait to get down to the coast like you!

    Thank you Carla, it's always so great to hear from you! One of these days I bet we'll be close enough to actually sit around a campfire and have a little wine, that'd be great!

    Whew, NOLA! We'll try not to stay up too late but zydeco is such an amazing genre, who knows? :-)

    ReplyDelete